Thanks to Shell for supporting and making possible day and night trips for Land Based Learning allowing Experiential Learning to happen!
The Shell Canada funds in the 2014-2015 school gave ADCS the opportunity to roll out a few day trips and overnight camps. From this trial, we were able to grow and expand a more school wide winter season program in 2015 – 2016 school year. The highlight were expanded upon, safety policies reviewed and lesson learned fixed.
Next Steps for the Spring & Summer Seasons
- With the cold weather continuing in April, ice fishing and muskrat trapping will continue with the Dene and Cree Language classes.
- Activities around waterfowl return are being developed.
- June fishing and fly-in camping trip to Camp Voyageur are being planned and developed.
- Working with Cando’s principal Tammy Riel on land-based learning training, resourcing, etc.
- Currently working with Frontier College on ADCS’s July literacy camp (staff training and program development) with a component being LBL with the goal to reduce summer learning loss.
If you require more information or photos please contact Kerri Ceretzke at 780.999.7649 or email@example.com