Careers questions or information about ADCS
Please check back to this page or contact Kerri Ceretzke if you have any questions about 2018/2019 employment opportunities. E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Current openings at ADCS:
- 1 full-time Caretaker
- 2 full-time Educational Assistant I
Current openings at the Northland Divisional Office ‐ Peace River, Alberta:
- Secretary to the Board and Corporate Services
FULL TIME CARETAKER
7 hours per day, Monday to Friday
The starting salary for this position is $32,542.00. A full benefits package is provided.
The successful candidate will be responsible for general cleaning duties at the school. A strong work ethic and initiative are attributes that will contribute to success in this position.
The successful candidate will be required to obtain certification in WHMIS, Floor Care & Sanitation and First Aid. Upon proof of successful completion of these courses, the candidate’s salary will be adjusted.
2 FULL TIME EDUCATIONAL ASSISTANT I
The school requires a full time (1.00 FTE) Educational Assistant I to work at the school effective immediately as well as a temporary, full time (1.00 FTE) Educational Assistant I to work at the school effective immediately to January 31st, 2020 for an incumbent on leave.
- Fluency in the Native Language of the community
- Candidates with a Grade 12 education will be given preference
- Interest in working with children
- Training and/or background in working with special needs children would be an
The successful applicant should possess a strong work ethic, initiative, and the ability to work with the certificated staff at the school.
The salary range for this position is $29,251.00 to $37,487.00 (with certificate) per annum, dependent on education and experience. A comprehensive benefits package is also provided.
For the positions at ADCS, interested applicants should apply to:
Kerri Ceretzke, Principal, Athabasca Delta Community School, P.O. Box 59, Fort Chipewyan, Alberta T0P 1B0. Phone: 780-697-3933. Fax: 780-697-3604. Email: Kerri.Ceretzke@nsd61.ca
Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Kindly note that an offer of employment will be conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check.
Applicants successful in securing interviews will be notified of the interview date.
Secretary to the Board and Corporate Services
Northland School Division No. 61 is seeking a person with proven experience providing executive level secretarial services to an elected Board and senior administration. Experience working with First Nations and Metis cultures would also be an asset. The successful candidate should be a strong advocate for First Nations and Metis education, language and culture to help us lead the way for Indigenous education.
The key component of this position is providing management and leadership skills to ensure the effective operation of the Board. It requires working closely with the Board, the Secretary/Treasurer and other senior administrative positions, both internally and externally with our many partners. The incumbent also provides administrative and office support to the
Board and Secretary/Treasurer.
It is preferred that the successful candidate operates out of our Peace River office, however alternate arrangements would be considered for a well‐qualified applicant, depending on the situation. The position is Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 pm, one Saturday per month required for Board meetings and may include some other evenings and weekends due to Board events. Time in lieu is provided for weekend and evening work.
Responsibilities will include:
● Most duties are related to the effective operation of the Board such as, but not limited to, preparing the agendas and supporting document packages for board and other meetings, minute taking during meetings, ensuring follow up is completed on actions from meetings and drafting of correspondence.
● Researching, compiling and preparing reports, presentations, correspondence and other documents as necessary for Board and Secretary‐Treasurer.
● Arranging, participating in Board conferences and Board committee meetings.
● Maintaining working schedules and engagement calendars for Board of Trustees
● Assisting and coordinating the organization of special events that involve the Board.
● Covering for the Executive Assistant to the Superintendent in her absence.
● A diploma in office or business administration or an acceptable combination of education and progressively responsible experience
● Expertise: Extranet, Google suite and Microsoft Office (word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software). Envisio would be preferred, but not required.
● Minimum of 15 years’ experience in a senior secretarial position.
● Experience working with an elected Board.
● Experience working with First Nations and Metis cultures would be an asset.
● Minimum of 80 words per minute typing skills.
● Experience with digital tools and social media would be a benefit. The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
● Ability to establish positive working relationships with others
● Strong communication, management and organizational skills
● Able to work independently and be able to meet deadlines
● Ability to maintain confidentiality
● Ability to work well under pressure, and maintain professionalism at all times.
Salary range: $46,536.00 ‐ $61,552.00 per annum, dependent upon qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume including the names of three (3) employer references to: Diane Holt, Human Resources Administrator, Northland School Division No. 61, P.O. Bag 1400, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta T8S 1V2. Phone: (780) 624‐2060. Fax: (780) 624‐5914. Email: email@example.com
Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Kindly note that offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check. We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.