Careers questions or information about ADCS
Please check back to this page or contact the principal if you have any questions about 2018/2019 employment opportunities.
Rodney Giles, Principal, Athabasca Delta Community School, P.O. Box 59, Fort Chipewyan, Alberta T0P 1B0. Phone: 780-697-3933. Fax: 780-697-3604. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Kindly note that an offer of employment will be conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check.
Applicants successful in securing interviews will be notified of the interview date.
Current openings at the Northland Divisional Office ‐ Peace River, Alberta:
- Secretary to the Board and Corporate Services
Secretary to the Board and Corporate Services
Northland School Division No. 61 is seeking a person with proven experience providing executive level secretarial services to an elected Board and senior administration. Experience working with First Nations and Metis cultures would also be an asset. The successful candidate should be a strong advocate for First Nations and Metis education, language and culture to help us lead the way for Indigenous education.
The key component of this position is providing management and leadership skills to ensure the effective operation of the Board. It requires working closely with the Board, the Secretary/Treasurer and other senior administrative positions, both internally and externally with our many partners. The incumbent also provides administrative and office support to the
Board and Secretary/Treasurer.
It is preferred that the successful candidate operates out of our Peace River office, however alternate arrangements would be considered for a well‐qualified applicant, depending on the situation. The position is Monday to Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 pm, one Saturday per month required for Board meetings and may include some other evenings and weekends due to Board events. Time in lieu is provided for weekend and evening work.
Responsibilities will include:
● Most duties are related to the effective operation of the Board such as, but not limited to, preparing the agendas and supporting document packages for board and other meetings, minute taking during meetings, ensuring follow up is completed on actions from meetings and drafting of correspondence.
● Researching, compiling and preparing reports, presentations, correspondence and other documents as necessary for Board and Secretary‐Treasurer.
● Arranging, participating in Board conferences and Board committee meetings.
● Maintaining working schedules and engagement calendars for Board of Trustees
● Assisting and coordinating the organization of special events that involve the Board.
● Covering for the Executive Assistant to the Superintendent in her absence.
● A diploma in office or business administration or an acceptable combination of education and progressively responsible experience
● Expertise: Extranet, Google suite and Microsoft Office (word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software). Envisio would be preferred, but not required.
● Minimum of 15 years’ experience in a senior secretarial position.
● Experience working with an elected Board.
● Experience working with First Nations and Metis cultures would be an asset.
● Minimum of 80 words per minute typing skills.
● Experience with digital tools and social media would be a benefit. The successful candidate will possess the following skills and attributes:
● Ability to establish positive working relationships with others
● Strong communication, management and organizational skills
● Able to work independently and be able to meet deadlines
● Ability to maintain confidentiality
● Ability to work well under pressure, and maintain professionalism at all times.
Salary range: $46,536.00 ‐ $61,552.00 per annum, dependent upon qualifications and experience. A comprehensive benefit package is provided.
Interested applicants are asked to submit a resume including the names of three (3) employer references to: Diane Holt, Human Resources Administrator, Northland School Division No. 61, P.O. Bag 1400, 9809 77 Avenue, Peace River, Alberta T8S 1V2. Phone: (780) 624‐2060. Fax: (780) 624‐5914. Email: email@example.com
Open until a suitable candidate is found.
Kindly note that offers of employment will be conditional on receipt of a satisfactory criminal record check. We thank all applicants but only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.